Digital Advice Monitor
Tracks 16 Leading Firms
Monthly Updates – In-depth reports that focus on key aspects of the online client and prospect user experience, products, account documents, industry trends and more. Reports include:
- Detailed reviews of each Digital Advice Monitor firms
- Key findings and best practice analysis to help improve your company’s offerings
- Handy matrix summarizing your competitors’ offerings
Quarterly Reports – Comprehensive review of changes and additions to competitor public, client and advisor sites with an emphasis on:
- Website design and usability
- Online product and education resources
- Online marketing practices
- Client account information and transaction capabilities
Quarterly Research Report Summary Slide Decks – Key summary findings, best practices from industry leaders and recommendations from each report condensed into a convenient slide deck that can easily be shared with colleagues.
Client Website Videos – Go behind-the-login for both website and mobile apps, and take a first-hand look at the online resources your competitors offer their clients.
Client Collateral Materials – All materials and communications that we receive are available for subscribers to view or download online. This includes account statements, newsletters, marketing pieces, disclosure documents and email communications.
Competitor Summary Matrices – Breakdown of the key client website features offered by all Digital Advice Monitor firms. A matrix comparing products and key fees is also included.
Analyst Support – Personalized research support from our experienced Digital Advice Monitor team.
Sean McDermottProject Manager, Consulting Services
Sean McDermott leads Corporate Insight’s research on financial technology (fintech) companies, monitoring dozens of investment- and personal finance-related startups. He was the primary author of the firm’s recent study on this topic, Next-Generation Investing 2015: Digital Advice Matures, and his analysis has been quoted by Barron’s, NPR, Bloomberg, InvestmentNews and several other industry publications. In addition to his fintech research, Sean was one of the lead authors of the April 2014 study The Millennial Shift: Financial Services and the Digital Generation and the May 2015 study The Changing Face of Financial Advice: 2015 and Beyond. Sean has also led custom engagements for several of the firm’s clients on such topics as emerging financial services industry trends, mobile finance, gamification, and innovative user authentication and security techniques. Sean holds a B.A. in Philosophy from Lafayette College.
- Senior Analyst: Jennifer Butler
- Analyst: Emily Brinkman
- Research Associate: Allison Alecci
- Research Associate: Jackson Arnold
- June 2018 – Financial Planning for the Digital Customer: Aggregation-Based Portfolio Analysis & Goal Tracking Tools
- March 2018 – Expanding the Coverage Set: Account Opening and Onboarding
- December 2017 – 2017 Digital Advisory in Review & Best Practices
- September 2017 – Digital Advice on The Go: Private iPhone App Overview
- June 2017: Private Website Overview
- March 2017: Account Opening & Onboarding